- Hindi news
- Db original
- Coronavirus Vaccine India World Tracker Update | Corona COVID 19 Vaccine Tracker India Today Latest News: Zydus Cadila ZyCoV D, Oxford AstraZeneca, Bharat Biotech, Russia Sputnik V And Johnson & Johnson
19 minutes agoAuthor: Ravindra Bhajani
- Government of India has sought proposals, prices and supplies from vaccine makers.
- Vaccine will be made available to frontline healthworkers, military and other groups in India
New developments are coming in the race to make vaccines to control coronaviruses. India has also increased its speed in this direction. Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan said that Bharat Biotech and ICMR's 'Kovaxin' will hit the market by the end of this year. At the same time, the Central Expert Group has prepared to order the first order of 50 lakh doses. The vaccine will be made available to healthcare workers, security forces and other groups first.
According to the WHO's Kovid Vaccine Tracker document, 30 vaccines are currently under clinical trials phase. At the same time, 139 other vaccines are in the pre-clinical phase. Oxford-AstraZeneca (UK), Synovac (China), Wuhan Institute of Biological Products / Sinopharm (China), Beijing Institute of Biological Products / Sinopharm (China), Mordana (US) and Pfizer / Bioentech / Fosan Pharma Vaccine Phase-3 K is in Human Trials. That is, only the vaccines of these six companies will be available in the market after approval.
First news from India
- Health Minister Harsh Vardhan said in an interview that the effect of the vaccine being made in India will be known by the end of this year. Their production will also start a month later. The Health Minister's reference was to ZyCoV-D, a vaccine developed by Kovaxin and Zydus Cadila, developed by Hyderabad-based company Bharat Biotech and ICMR.
- The Health Minister also said that the Oxford Vaccine is being produced by the Serum Institute of India and will also start parallel production. This will help reduce the time it takes for these vaccines to enter the market. At the same time, both the vaccines being developed in India will be ready to use in the first quarter of 2021.
- Harshvardhan also said that the Health Ministry is planning to buy vaccine doses right now. ICMR has signed an MoU with Bharat Biotech to give priority to providing the vaccine. If successful, this vaccine will be available to the Government of India at affordable and discounted rates. The Serum Institute of India is also in talks for a similar agreement.
- The expert group on the Kovid vaccine held talks with representatives of companies on Monday. They have been asked for proposals for providing supply chain and dosage along with manufacturing capabilities. Also asked to tell the price of the dose and how they want help from the government.
- According to reports, the first order of 5 million doses will be placed. The plan for this is being finalized. Meanwhile, ICMR officials also suggested that the vaccine be approved as soon as possible on the lines of Russia and China in India, given the emergency situation.
What is the update about the vaccine worldwide …
- Faced with criticism from all over the world after registering their vaccine on 11 August, Russia has decided to conduct phase-3 trials of its vaccine Sputnik-V on 40 thousand people. Russia has approved the vaccine of the Gamalaya Institute of Moscow for general public use. There are also reports that it has sought India's help to meet the vaccine demand.
- Johnson & Johnson has announced phase-3 trials for its vaccine at 60,000 people. This will be the largest sample size ever. The company has said that these trials will start in September in 180 locations in the US, Mexico and Brazil.
- Similarly, Moderna and Pfizer have enrolled 30–30 thousand volunteers for phase-3 trials for their vaccine. These trials have started.