- Trump will address the convention on Thursday from the White House, allegations of misuse of government property
- Democratic Party has appointed Joe Biden as its presidential candidate, Kamala Harris will be her vice-presidential candidate
The Democratic Party announced Joe Biden as its presidential candidate last week at its National Convention. With this, the heat of the presidential elections in America has intensified. The Republican National Convention begins on Monday. Donald Trump will be announced as the party's authorized candidate for the presidency at the four-day National Convention. Know in 10 points what is the National Convention of the Democratic Party and after this how the heat of the US presidential elections will increase?
- National conventions of major parties in the US occur once every four years. At the ground level, through the primaries the parties elect their presidential candidate. In the National Convention, delegates vote on the basis of primary results and choose candidates. The four-day Republican National Convention, starting on Monday, will have a formal announcement to make Donald Trump the presidential candidate.
- With this, the final campaign will get momentum for the presidential elections. According to campaign sources, the theme of the convention will be “Honoring the Great American Story”. However, no one has confirmed it. Trump wanted him to make a speech in Florida to accept candidacy from Jacksonville. But there was an outbreak of coronavirus infection. The program was later canceled. Now he will deliver his speech from the South Lawn of the White House on Thursday, the last day of the convention. He is being criticized for the decision to use government property in the election campaign.
- 6-6 delegates from each state and territory will participate on the inauguration day of the Republican National Convention. Altogether these 336 delegates will nominate Trump for the second term and Mike Pence for the post of Vice President. The names of these two have already been decided through the primary. In these four days, different speakers will not only count the achievements of Trump's tenure, but will also put forth future policies.
- Republican National Committee Chairperson Rona McDaniel dismissed all apprehensions about so many people taking part in the program amid the Corona epidemic. He told CBS News that we have tested every member before coming to Charlotte (North Carolina). We are doing things that allow people to live their lives.
- At the Republican National Convention, America's First Lady Melania Trump will deliver a speech on Tuesday night from the recently renovated Rose Garden at the White House. At the same time, Mike Pence will deliver a vice-presidential speech on Wednesday night from Fort McHenry in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Other speakers at the Republican National Convention include members of the Trump family, as well as Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, former US Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley, and former New York City mayor and Trump's adviser Rudul Giuliani. Foreign Minister Mike Pompeo will address the convention from an undisclosed location in Jerusalem.
- The only surviving former President of the Republican Party, George W. Bush, will not speak at this year's convention. Bush also did not attend the 2016 conference and criticized the Trump administration on several issues. George W. Bush was president from 2001 to 2009.
- The Republican National Convention is planning more than 7500 events nationwide. It will be used to activate party workers. The party hopes that its two thousand workers and 1.9 million workers will help Trump correct the decline in popularity during the Corona virus.
- Over the years, the Republican Party has used the convention to update the party's platform and reshape the rules. This year the party is not going to update the 2016 platform. It will be retained until 2024. The first debates between Biden and Trump will be on September 29 for elections to be held on November 3 after the convention. After this, two debates will be held in October. Currently, their dates are not fixed. At the 2016 convention, Donald Trump and Pence expressed their gratitude by coming on stage with the whole family after their candidacy was announced.
- The history of the Republican National Convention is 154 years old. The first convention was held in 1856, with John Fremont being declared the presidential candidate. Since then it has been organized. Through this, the party's policies are presented to the public along with the formal announcement of the presidential candidate.
Trump's attempt to woo Indians: Trump, seen with Modi in election video, used clips of his tour of Ahmedabad's Motera Stadium