News Desk, Tech for FTCP, New Delhi
Updated Sat, 15 Aug 2020 11:20 AM IST
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the country from the ramparts of the Red Fort
– Photo: AMAR UJALA
Hear the news
On the occasion of India's 74th Independence Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the country from the ramparts of the Red Fort. The PM addressed the countrymen after hoisting the tricolor flag for the seventh consecutive time from the Red Fort. PM Modi has become the fourth Prime Minister to hoist the flag for the seventh time. Read here the highlights of the Prime Minister's speech: –
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the beginning of his speech remembered the revolutionary Maharishi Arvind Ghosh on his birth anniversary.
- During the address, the PM remembered the children, who used to sit in the queue in front of him every year. The PM said that Corona has prevented India's bright future.
- Corona warriors have shown the Seva Parmo Dharma: mantra by winning, I salute them
- Regardless of their lives, our doctors, nurses, paramedical staff, ambulance personnel, sweepers, policemen, service personnel, many people, are working round the clock continuously.
- Outbreak of flood, condolences to those who lost their lives in the landslide
- My condolences to the families of Corona and the floods
- Next year we will enter the 75th year of our independence. A huge festival is in front of us.
- In the midst of the corona epidemic, 130 crore Indians have pledged to build a self-sufficient India. We are confident that India will live by this dream. I believe in the strength of my country.
- Today the word 'self-reliant India' has become a mantra. Skill development will make India self-reliant. The dream of 'Self-reliant India' will surely be fulfilled. Now N-95 mask is being made in the country, ventilator is also being made in the country.
- The country has become self-sufficient in agriculture. The country has pledged self-sufficiency. Self-sufficient India means not only reducing imports, but also increasing our capacity, our creativity, our skills.
- Skill development of youth. The goods made in the country have to be praised in the world.
- The mindset of independent India should be 'Vocal for Local'. Countrymen have to take a pledge to make 'Vocal for Local'.
- PM Modi gave the slogan 'Make for World' with 'Make in India'.
- Who could have imagined that thousands of millions of crores of rupees would be directly transferred to the Jan Dhan accounts of the poor in the country? Who could have thought that such a big change would happen in the APMC Act for the benefit of farmers. There are millions of challenges in the country and there are millions of solutions.
- In the Corona era, the world's biggest companies are turning to India. The world is witnessing a period of reforms in India. The country has broken all records in FDI.
- PM Modi said, we have been told here – Samarthmoolam Swatantryam, Shrammulam Vaibhavam. The power of a society, the freedom of any nation is its strength, and its source of glory, progress and progress is its labor force.
- One nation, one ration, one tax has become the truth of the country.
- Important priority of self-reliant India – self-sufficient agriculture and self-reliant farmers. The farmers have to be freed from all bonds. The income of the Annadata has to be doubled. Farmers can sell grains on their own terms.
- Seven crore poor families were given free gas cylinders, ration cards or not, more than 80 crore people were provided free food, about 90 thousand crore rupees were directly transferred to the bank accounts.
- Until a few years ago all this could not be imagined that money would come out of Delhi and money would reach directly in the hands of the poor.
- Last year, I announced the water-life mission from this Red Fort. Today, under this mission, now more than one lakh households are getting success in providing water connections.
- The new national education policy is the strength of a common Indian, its energy, the very basis of the self-reliant India campaign. To maintain this strength, continuous work is being done at every level.
- The education of the country is of great importance in building a self-reliant India, in building a modern India, in building a new India, in building a prosperous and prosperous India. With this thinking, the country has got a new national education policy.
- Muslim women got freedom from triple talaq. Women benefited from government schemes. Now women are also being deployed in the war zone. Our experience says that whenever the women power gets opportunities in India, they have brought laurels to the country, strengthened the country.
- Of the 40 crore Jan Dhan accounts opened in the country, about 22 crore accounts are of women only. At the time of Corona, in April-May-June, about three thousand crore rupees have been directly transferred to the accounts of women in these three months.
- When Corona was started, there was only one lab for Corona testing in our country. Today there are more than 1,400 labs in the country.
- The National Digital Health Mission is being launched from today. The National Digital Health Mission will bring a new revolution in India's health sector. Health ID will be given to every Indian. The ID will contain information about every disease, every investigation. This ended all the problems including making a slip in the hospital.
- Three Corona vaccines are being worked out in India. The roadmap to deliver the vaccine to every Indian is ready.
- This year is the year of a new development journey of Jammu and Kashmir. This year is the year of rights for women and Dalits in Jammu and Kashmir. It is also a year of the dignified life of refugees in Jammu and Kashmir.
- The true strength of democracy lies in local units. It is a matter of pride for all of us that the representatives of the local units in Jammu and Kashmir are moving forward a new era of development with activism and sensitivity.
- By making Ladakh a union territory last year, the old demand of its people has been met. Ladakh, situated in the heights of the Himalayas, is moving forward today to touch new heights of development.
- Just as Sikkam has carved out its identity as an organic state, in the coming days, Ladakh, as a carbon neutral region, is also working rapidly in this direction.
- From the LOC to the LAC, whoever has raised an eye on the sovereignty of the country, the country, the army of the country has responded to it in that language. Respect for India's sovereignty is supreme for us. What our brave soldiers can do for this resolution, what the country can do, the world has seen in Ladakh.
- With our neighboring countries, whether they are connected to us by land or from the sea, we are connecting our relations with the partnership of security, development and trust.
- Today the neighbors are not only those who get our geographical boundaries but they are also those who meet our hearts. Where there is harmony in relationships, there is harmony.