- Hindi news
- Indian Army Road, New Road to Ladakh, Pakistan and China Front in Ladakh, Indian Army, Mountainous Union Territory (UT), Indian Army, Indian Troops and Tanks
new Delhi32 minutes ago
- Copy link
According to sources, the construction of this road will save 3 to 4 hours from Manali to Leh. (Symbolic photo)
- Road is being constructed from Manali to Leh, this will be the third link connecting Ladakh to India.
- Work on alternate connectivity to connect Daulat Beg Oldi and other important areas has been going on for 3 years
India is constructing an important road to Ladakh for rapid movement of army and tanks along the border of Pakistan and China. The road going from Manali to Leh will enable the army to move very fast. The special thing is that the enemy will not be able to see this movement. This will be the third link connecting Ladakh with high altitude to India.
India has been working on alternative routes to connect Daulat Beg Oldi and other areas which have been strategically important in the northern areas for the last three years. This work has also started from Khardung La Pass, the world's highest vehicle road.
Alternative connectivity will speed up movement, time will be saved
News agency ANI was quoted by government sources as saying that the agencies are working on finding alternative routes. Work is being done on connecting Manali to Leh via Neemu-Padam-Darcha. Right now the route from Srinagar to Leh via the Zojila pass and through Sarchu is covered. Alternative connectivity will save a lot of time compared to existing routes.
Deployment of tanks and troops from other areas in Ladakh will be easy
According to sources, the construction of this road will save 3 to 4 hours from Manali to Leh. Apart from this, during the movement of tanks, deployment of army personnel will not be able to monitor Pakistan or any other enemy movement. The Indian Army will be able to deploy heavy weapons tanks and troops from other areas in Ladakh without eyeing the enemy.
Road will connect Manali to Leh near Neemu
The main route used for transport is Zojila, which runs from Dras-Kargil Pass to Leh. This route was targeted by Pakistan during the Kargil War in 1999 and Pakistani troops bombed and opened fire around the road from the high mountains.
According to sources, work on the project has started. The new road will connect Manali to Leh near Neemu. This is where Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited during the ongoing tension with China.
Can also read …
1. Indian Army told parliamentary panel – Army ready for long-term handling of China on LAC and also for deployment in winter
2. Why does the Gorkha community want to join the Indian Army? China funded Nepal's NGO to know this