Tech for FTCP Bureau, New Delhi.
Updated Sat, 22 Aug 2020 04:10 AM IST
Listen to the news
The Union Cabinet has agreed to 11 ordinances in separate meetings between April and June. It is mandatory to obtain the consent of Parliament in a session to be held within six months of its issuance on the law enacted through the ordinance.
In such a situation, most of the government's time in the monsoon session to be held for a short time will be spent in getting the approval of Parliament on ordinances. According to sources, the government plans to call a two-week session. The season is expected to start around 10 September. Since, there will be no Question Hour and Zero Hour this time in session.
In addition to these ordinances, the questions arising on the fairness of Facebook, incidents like the martyrdom of 20 soldiers in Galvan Valley are likely to be discussed after the uproar. Sources say that preparations are also underway to hold the proceedings of the Lok Sabha in the Central Hall. At the same time, the use of both houses of Parliament for Rajya Sabha has already been agreed.
These are important ordinances
- Ordinance amending the Pay Allowance Act 1952 to cut the salary and allowances of ministers and MPs
- Ordinance amending epidemic disease law 1857
- Mandatory Ordinance Supply Law Amendment Ordinance
- Farmers Produce Trade and Commerce Promotion Facility Ordinance
- Farmer Empowerment and Protection Ordinance
- Homeopathy Central Council Law Amendment Ordinance
- Tax amendment law amendment ordinance
- Bankruptcy Code Law Amendment Ordinance
- Banking regulation law amendment ordinance