Mumbai3 minutes ago
- Copy link
- NCB on Wednesday registered a case against 5 people including Riya in various sections of NDPS.
- NCB's entry in this case after chat records of Riya and a few others came out
The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) team from Mumbai is going to start an investigation after the drugs angle surfaced in Sushant Singh Rajput's death. A team of 20 members reached Mumbai from Delhi on Thursday. This team will look for a 'drugs network' in Mumbai or, say, Bollywood.
Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) Director General Rakesh Asthana said on Thursday, “A team has been formed to investigate the drugs angle in the case of Sushant Singh Rajput's death and the team has left for Mumbai from Delhi.” He further said that the investigation has been given momentum. According to the Director General of NCB, the team is constructed under the supervision of Deputy Director (NCB) KPS Malhotra.
On Wednesday, 5 cases including Riya were registered
Earlier, NCB on Wednesday registered a case against actor Riya Chakraborty, his brother Shovik Chakraborty, manager Samuel Miranda, Jaya Saha and another person under various sections of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act, 1985, including section 27 of the NCB. .
This case has been done on Riya after some of her WhatsApp chats surfaced. Sections registered against Riya provide strict punishment for use of intoxicating substances or psychotropic substances.
Sushant's father also lodged an FIR in Patna
After Rajput's father KK Singh filed a case in Bihar on 26 July, on 31 July, the ED had registered a case in this case on 7 people including Riya Chakraborty. In which his father Impatna includes the names of Drajeet Chakraborty, brother Shovik Chakraborty, mother Sandhya Chakraborty. He has been booked with charges of abetment to suicide, criminal conspiracy, theft, cheating and threatening. The investigation of the case has been handed over to the CBI and since then the whole family is in discussion.
Riya had filed a petition in the Supreme Court against this, which the court rejected and dismissed the FIR registered in Patna as valid and handed over the investigation to the CBI. The Rajputs were found dead at their residence on 14 June.