- Hindi news
- On The Retirement Of Mahi, Sehwag Wrote Na Koi Hai, Na Koi Tha, Nor Koi Hoga, Like M.S.
new Delhi5 minutes ago
- Copy link
Mahendra Singh Dhoni last appeared on the field during the World Cup semi-finals last year. -File photo
- Kings XI Punjab tweeted – Today not only the stumps are broken, our hearts are also broken
- Sachin Tendulkar tweeted – Your contribution to Indian cricket is huge
Former captain of the Indian cricket team, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, retired from international cricket on Saturday. In the message shared for his fans, he wrote that thanks for the love and support always received from you guys. Think of me as retiring after 7.29 pm this evening.
However, it was already feared by Mahi's fans that Dhoni would no longer return to the international match. Despite this, as soon as the news of his retirement came, there was a flood of messages on social media platforms.
Former Indian cricketer Virender Sehwag's tweet:
To have a player like him, Mission Impossible. Na Koi Hai, Na Koi Tha, Na Koi Hoga MS ke jaisa. Players will come & go but there be be a calmer man like him. Dhoni with his connect with people having aspirations was like a family member to many cricket lovers. Om Finishaya Namah pic.twitter.com/glemkBUwWT
– Virender Sehwag (@virendersehwag) August 15, 2020
Kings XI Punjab's tweet:
Sachin Tendulkar's tweet:
Congress leader Shashi Tharoor's tweet:
So sorry to hear that #msdhoni retired half an hour ago. A true giant of the game, India's finest wicketkeeper-batsman & a transformative captain, he left a stamp on Indian cricket that defined an era. March on, Dhoniji. There will be other peaks to climb. https://t.co/Y4r8FBCO92
– Shashi Tharoor (@ShashiTharoor) August 15, 2020