- Hindi news
- Zaroorat ki khabar
- Online Coaching Classes Industry India Kota Update, Coronavirus Outbreak News; 7.10 Crore Students Study Private Coaching And Tuition In India
- After suffering losses for nearly 5 months, now the online coaching phase in the country is starting.
- 75 thousand crore coaching business in the country has suffered a lot due to Corona
There will be very few people in the country, who have not heard about the coaching institutes of Delhi, Allahabad and Kota. Due to Corona, the coaching business of 75 thousand crores in the country has suffered a huge loss. After suffering losses for nearly 5 months, now the online coaching phase is starting in the country. Many well-known institutions have started online coaching.
A survey has shown that due to better technology and increasing its reach, now 90 percent of the students preparing for competitive exams are preferring online coaching instead of class room.
What is the business of coaching in the country?
- The coaching business in the country has grown rapidly in recent years. Except for cities like Allahabad and Delhi, Kota has emerged as the largest coaching hub in the country in recent years. Industry-trade organization Assocham, in a report in 2013, estimated that by 2017, the coaching industry in the country would have grown to 5.2 million.
- While it is difficult to estimate the exact turnover of this business due to the unorganized sector, the National Sample Survey Organization in its report in 2014 said that 71 million students in the country currently do coaching or private tuition. Now these students are gradually shifting towards online coaching. First he is coaching in offline ie classroom.
Why online coaching business is growing?
- In fact, the increasing competition for admission to engineering, medical and management institutes along with the poor level of studies and teachers in schools has helped the coaching business flourish.
- The reasons behind Kota's success are the same. In all coaching institutes there, students are fed the syllabus and syllabus of competitive examinations.
What changed in coaching cities after Corona?
- The income of local people suddenly fell as students returned home from cities like Delhi, Allahabad, Kota due to Corona. Many coaching institutes have also had to return advance fees charged from students. But now, through online coaching, such institutes are trying to make up for their feet by compensating for the loss.
- Competition coaching classes usually last until February, that is, the coaching of the batch of 2019-20 was completed even before Corona was there. Admission was also done for the next batch, but students could not come here due to sudden lockdown.
How is studying in online coaching?
- Now all the coaching institutes in big cities are following the path of online coaching instead of offline. For this, most institutes have not increased their fees. Along with this, students are also being given the facility of payment in installments.
- Hundreds of coaching institutes run for examinations for IITs and government jobs in Munirika, Laxminagar, Mukherjee Nagar and Kalu Sarai areas of New Delhi, most of which are now taking the path of online.
- The Gopalpura bypass area of Jaipur has also emerged as a coaching hub in recent years. Most of the students from coaching institutes to students are now in favor of digital coaching keeping in mind the ongoing lockdown of months due to Corona and the deep uncertainty about offline studies in future. There is no other option before them.
What are the benefits of online coaching?
- Online coaching has its benefits too, Samiran Banerjee of Kolkata, who returned from coaching a medical entrance exam in Kota for a year, says, “We can study comfortably from home. We will not have to travel long. Apart from this, we will also spend Less. I had to pay 20 thousand rupees every month to live in Kota. “
How many students are coaching online?
- A recent report by KPMG said that in 2016, the number of students coaching online was just 1.6 million. It is expected to increase to 96 lakhs in 2021.
- Says Mihir Kumar Burman, director of a coaching institute, “Now there are no problems in online learning or coaching because of better technology. Now students can ask their teachers questions in the same way as in normal classroom in virtual classroom. goes.”
- Many other students also say that many myths have been broken by things like increasing internet penetration, new online coaching platforms. Earlier it was believed that online education or coaching may not be as effective, but now all the courses are in digital format, video lectures of better quality are available, due to which students have become very comfortable in studies.
What do the experts say?
- Education experts say that children are now comfortable with online classes. Gautam Sen, who teaches physics at a well-known coaching institute in Kolkata, says, “Coaching institutes may have suffered a setback in the early stages, but now they have rapidly opted for an alternative path to digital coaching by rejuvenating. Online coaching has made the nation smaller. Students living in cities can also benefit, who were not able to do coaching earlier due to not having better institutions. ”
- Teacher Manojit Bagchi says, “In the event of online coaching becoming widespread, the dominance of the alleged coaching hub in Kota and some other cities will break. Though it will take some time, it has already started.”
How did the story of Kota change?
- Thousands of people are associated with this business in Rajasthan's Kota. Paying guests and hotels, tiffin service and many other small businesses here run on this basis.
- Until two decades ago, the city was known for JK synthetics and other small manufacturing companies, but the closure of the JK Mill in 1997 left more than five thousand people unemployed. After that, Government Instrumentation Limited also closed in 2017, but before that the city had found a new way of livelihood in the form of coaching.
- BK Bansal, a retired engineer of JK Synthics, started teaching tuition to a student here in 1983. He then founded Bansal Coaching which became a hub for students seeking admission to IITs by the nineties. After that many other institutions also started looking.
How many students come in Kota?
- Before Corona, the condition was that every year about two lakh students from every corner of the country used to reach the city of Kota to dream of a bright future.
- PG, hotels, restaurants and many other ancillary businesses started here along with coaching institutes and by the time Kota became famous as a factory of IIT students not only in the country but also abroad.
What is the means of earning in Kota?
- For a long time, the entire economy of Kota has stood on the coaching business. “Almost every person living in the city depended to some extent on external students for their livelihood. Many of them used to live from home rent,” says Rampravesh Dubey, who runs a PG in Kota.
- Sumit Bagchi, who teaches at a coaching institute, says, “Kota has at least three thousand hostels and one and a half thousand messes, which shows how important the business of coaching is.”