- According to experts, it is a good way to get help from the mobile hot spot instead of the phone's internet connection.
- A wired connection is more durable and reliable than wireless, this allows other devices to get the signal.
Joel Santo Domingo. Technology and internet usage have increased in our lives after the outbreak of the coronavirus epidemic. Be it work from home, children's online education, telemedicine and online fitness or classes for the elderly at home. We need good gadgets and fast internet during this time. During this time it is also possible that our work may get stuck due to internet speed.
There may be several reasons for a slow Wi-Fi connection. For example, working away from the router or a router that needs a booster to speed up every corner. 5 tips can help protect you from everyday work getting affected.
# 1 Change your router's position
- Wi-Fi signals emitting horizontally from the router are stronger. If possible, try to bring the router to a more central location of the house. If this is not possible, then at least try to keep the router as high as possible. The height should be so that the cable can reach there. Instead of placing the router behind a cabinet, place it on a high shelf. The connection is better when there is some wall obstruction between the router and the antenna inside the laptop.
# 2 use ethernet cable
- Technology has become very advanced and the era is of wireless. However, it is also a good idea to use a wire connection. Connecting laptops and routers to an Ethernet cable has advantages in two ways. Wire connections are always more durable at home than wireless. Apart from this, after connecting the wire to the laptop, you are freeing the signal of the other device. Most business laptops already have Ethernet connectors, but if not, you can buy a USB to Ethernet adapter.
# 3 Buy New Connection Device
- Sometimes your problem is not just slow internet but slow speed in a particular part of the house. If Wi-Fi signals are not coming in any part of the house, then a cheap Wi-Fi extender can eliminate your problem. This is a cheaper solution because extenders replicate the signal on the router, but keep in mind that extenders can spoil performance at times. This can be effective for an isolated place. If you have this problem in many rooms of your house, then think about buying a new router or mesh networking kit.
- Mesh networking kit helps to spread the signal in your home with multiple boxes. These boxes are called nodes, satellites, or Wi-Fi points. Each node is connected to another node without a wire and keeps your device connected to it instead of the main router. This method is commonly used in larger homes, whose size is 2700 square feet or more. This remedy is quite expensive. In such a situation, it is a good idea to buy a new router.
# 4 Think about getting a connection to a Wi-Fi hot spot or phone
- All smartphones offer you Wi-Fi hot spots. This method is very useful if there is no electricity. If you want a reliable solution while traveling, then think about Mobite Hot Spot instead of taking the help of phone. Hot spots have their own data buckets.
# 5 Increase Internet Plan
- If you have been living in the same house for years or recently you have expanded the house, then you may need a new internet plan. The Speedtest website has found that CenturyLink had the fastest download speed in 2016 at around 39 megabits per second, which was enough for one or two users. This plan may be enough for you at that time, but today all devices, such as smart speakers, cameras demand the same bandwidth. In this case, a 300 megabit, 500 megabit or 1000 megabit (gigabits) plan would be right.