- Hindi news
- Who Is Sabrina Singh | US Presidential Election 2020; Kamala Harris Appoints Indian American Sabrina Singh As Her Press Secretary
Washington11 minutes ago
- Copy link
Sarabjit Singh has been appointed as the press secretary of Democratic Party Vice Presidential candidate Kamala Harris. Sarabjit has also been the spokesperson of the National Committee of the party before this. — File
- Sabrina is the first Indian American to become the press secretary of any vice presidential candidate in the US, lives in Los Angeles
- Sabrina is the granddaughter of Sardar JJ Singh, who formed the Indian League of America in 1940 to campaign for the rights of Indians in America.
Washington. Democratic Vice Presidential candidate Kamala Harris appointed Bharatvanshi Sabrina Singh as her press secretary. Sabrina has previously held this responsibility for the party's two presidential candidates. He served as press secretary during the campaigns of Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey and former New York Mayor Mike Bloomberg. Sabrina is the first Indian American to become the press secretary of any vice presidential candidate in the US. When Harris was elected as press secretary, Sabrina said – I am very excited to join Kamala Harris. I cannot wait any longer to get involved in the work and win them the presidential election in November.
Sabrina's grandfather campaigned against racial discrimination
Sabrina is a resident of Los Angeles and has also been a Democratic National Committee spokesperson. She is the granddaughter of Sardar JJ Singh, who created the Non-profit Organization Indian League of America (ILA) in the US. In 1940, JJ Singh, along with his group, launched a movement against racial discrimination in America. Harry Truman, then President, signed a law on 2 July 1946. The same law allowed the immigration of 100 Indians into the US every year.
Harris was elected Vice Presidential candidate on August 12
On August 12, Presidential candidate Joe Biden from the Democratic Party selected Kamala Harris, an Indian-origin vice-presidential candidate. Harris is currently a Senate member. She has been the Attorney General of California. So far in the history of America, only twice a woman has become a vice-presidential candidate. In 1984, Democrat Geraldine Ferraro and in 2008 Republican Sarah Palin were elected vice presidential candidates. Both were defeated.
Read these news related to Harris too …
1. Kamala Harris is the daughter of an Indian mother and Jamaican father, but likes to call herself American.
2. Why Biden made Bharatvanshi Kamala Devi Harris the vice-presidential candidate; There are two main reasons for this.
3. Trump said- Biden did wrong by making Kamala Harris the Vice Presidential candidate, I have more Indian support than him