Nobody asked those who were marginalized in the society, suffering, deprived, backward, very backward. Their grief, their suffering was also ignored. But now in Bihar this concept has changed.
– There was a time when LPG gas connections in Bihar used to be a sign of rich people. People had to make recommendations for each gas connection. The one who used to have gas in his house was believed to be from a very big family.
While gas connectivity will increase the energy of fertilizer, power and steel industry on one hand, CNG based clean traffic and cheap gas from pipes will easily reach the kitchen of the people. In this chain, today, in many districts of Bihar and Jharkhand, cheap gas has started to be provided from pipes.
Today, due to the Ujjwala scheme, eight crore poor families of the country also have gas connections. What has changed in the lives of the poor through this plan, we have felt again during this corona.
– Under the Pradhan Mantri Urja Ganga Yojana, Bhagiratha effort to connect eastern India with Paradip on the eastern seaboard and Kandla on the western seaboard started. Seven states are being connected to this pipeline of about 3000 km long, of which Bihar also has a prominent place.
– There was a time when rail, road, internet connectivity were not all these priorities. Today, when CNG is reaching, PNG in many cities of the country, the people of Bihar should get these facilities as easily as the people of Eastern India. With this resolve we moved forward.
– Gas based industry and petro-connectivity, they are very technical in hearing, but they have a direct impact on people's lives, on the standard of living. Gas-based industry and petro-connectivity also create millions of new employment opportunities.
– There is neither a shortage of power in eastern India, including Bihar, nor has nature lacked resources here. Despite this, Bihar and East India remained behind for decades in terms of development. Many of the reasons for this were political, economic, and priorities.
– Work on the part of Jagdishpur-Haldia pipeline project that passes through Bihar has also been finished in March last year. The work related to Pipalnine has also been completed on Motihari Amlekhganj pipeline.
Before this, the work of expansion and storage capacity of Patna LPG plant, LPG plant of Purnia, new LPG plant in Muzaffarpur, all these projects have already been completed.
The Prime Minister package given for Bihar had 10 big projects related to petroleum and gas. About 21 thousand crores were to be spent on these projects. Today it is the seventh project in which work has been completed, which has been dedicated to the people of Bihar.
– The length of this section is about 200 km. I have been told that it was very challenging to work by laying a pipeline on this route.