- Hindi news
- Db original
- China Monitoring India: What Is Hybrid Warfare? Details And Everything You Need To Know Zhenhua Data Information Technology
- So far, the Indian government has banned 224 Chinese mobile apps.
- Their servers were in China and were collecting data from Indian users.
The forces of India and China are face to face on the Ladakh border. Tensions have not subsided even after the foreign minister level talks. On this, India's Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has banned more than 224 Chinese apps so far. Then it was told that the servers of these apps are in China and through them, the data of Indians as well as users of the entire world is being collected. It is becoming a threat to the sovereignty of our country.
But the Indian Express report is shocking that the Xinhua data information technology company is tracking the activities of more than a thousand Indians, including Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President Ram Nath Kovind. Also analyzing their data. It is a private Chinese company, which works closely with the Chinese government.
How is cyber tracking done and how dangerous is it?
- The Indian Express investigation report is important in this regard. This report says that Xinhua has promoted itself as “Threat Intelligence Services”. In simple words, the Xinhua company uses cyber tools to identify and target their clients' opponents.
- The company tracks the target's digital footprint by analyzing information from public databases, social media, government documents and other sources. This helps him gain sensitive information about institutions and groups as well as those who are involved with the target.
- For example, a person named A is very influential. He has dominance in his country. In such a situation, the activities of a person named B, C or D are also tracked. It can also be a relative, colleague, friend or employee of that person.
- Relational database is very important. It helps Xinhua to know important aspects of India, such as political views of two people, behavior of prominent persons, information related to behavior, which individuals or institutions have influence at regional and national level?
- It tries to find out somewhere what A is thinking? What are you planning? How is taking and taking a decision? For this reason, Xinhua collects information from every person involved in it, from the smallest and the greatest.
Who is Xinhua Data Company Tracking?
- In the investigation, The Indian Express reported that Xinhua's database contains information trees of 1,350 people associated with politics and law. His surveillance includes leaders of parties like BJP, Congress, Trinamool Congress, Shiv Sena. 700 leaders are being tracked directly. Apart from this, more than 100 such people are being tracked, who are the relatives of the leaders associated with these parties or have direct relations.
What is the purpose of this cyber tracking?
- The purpose of China's cyber espionage activities is to infiltrate India's political structure. So that he can get upper hand in comparison to India. Xinhua's Threat Intelligence Service is similar to that used today by law enforcement agencies to catch a criminal.
- These services can prove to be effective within a country. It has also worked for intelligence agencies, but when it is used by another country, it is called cyber espionage and cyber warfare activity. It is in a way a hybrid warfare.
How and why is China doing this?
- Retired IPS officer and cybercrime expert Dr. Shailendra Srivastava said that keeping track of one's digital footprint with big data and social media analytics is not a huge task to date. Artificial intelligence and machine learning have made this much easier.
- He also said that at this time our country is fighting on many fronts. Be it the issue of China's border or Kovid-19, the issue related to Nepal or the Economic Front. Many decisions are being taken, which is important from a strategic point of view. At such a time, it is dangerous to get any kind of information in the hands of the enemy.
- However, Dr. Srivastava says that India's cyber system is very strong. Firewalls are strong. The information of the PMO or any other minister or officer is kept confidential. Finding its digital footprint will not be so easy for any company or country.