- Hindi news
- No fake news
- Fact Check: Chinese Army Intrusion On India's Occupied Black Top Hill Again? 1 Year Old Photo Goes Viral With A False Claim.
What's going viral: On social media Claim It is being reported that on the night of September 11, the Chinese army again infiltrated the LAC. It is claimed that the Chinese Army tried to remove the Indian Army from Black Top Hill. And this attempt was thwarted by the Indian Army.
On 7 September, the Indian Army captured the important peaks of Chushul, thwarting Chinese incursions. They also include Black Top Hill. A week later, it is now claimed that China again infiltrated Black Top Hill. Apart from social media, this news has also been published on the News 24 website.
And what is the truth?
- Even on searching different word, we did not find such news on any news website other than News 24. Which confirms that the Indian and Chinese armies again clashed on the night of 11 September.
- In the next phase of the investigation, we began verifying the photo that is being shared with the claim. In the photo, Indian soldiers are seen standing with a tricolor in the snowy area.
- Reverse search of the photo on Google found the same photo in the news agency's ANI website on 1 year old news. This makes it clear that the photo has nothing to do with the recent dispute on the India-China border.
- The caption given with the photo in the ANI news shows that it is of the Swachh Bharat campaign in Siachen Glacier during October, 2019. Indian soldiers also took part in this campaign on PM Modi's appeal.
- The Central Government agency PIB Fact Check has called the news of the skirmish between the India-China troops on the border as fake.