- Hindi news
- No fake news
- Fact Check: Did India's MI 17 Aircraft Crash in Ladakh? Photo Of 2 year old Kedarnath Incident Viral With False Claim
14 minutes agoAuthor: Aditya Tiwari
What is going viral : On social media Claim It is being said that India's MI-17 aircraft has crashed in Ladakh. A photo of a damaged aircraft is also being shared with the claim.
And what is the truth?
- We did not get any such news on the Internet even by searching for different keywords. Which confirms that there has been an aircraft crash of the Indian Air Force recently.
- A reverse media search of the photo being shared with the claim revealed some media reports to us two years old. These include photos of the same damaged aircraft being linked to MI-17's claims of a crash.
- Media reports suggest that on April 3, 2018, the MI-17 aircraft was damaged by a collision with an iron girder. It is clear that the 2-year-old incident is being shared as recent. Also, the incident which took place in Kedarnath, is being confounded by people telling them of Ladakh.
- Government agency PIB Fact Check has also called this claim false.