- Hindi news
- No fake news
- Fact Check: List of Drugs Getting Viral For Curing Covid 19, Expert Said Taking Them Without Doctor's Advice Can Also Be Fatal.
What's going viral: A list of medicines is becoming viral on social media. It is being claimed that these medicines are effective for people coming in contact with a patient infected with Kovid-19.
Many readers also sent this list to our Fact Check team's WhatsApp number for investigation.
And what is the truth?
- We did not find any such list on the official website of ICMR, the country's top research institute. We also checked the website of the Union Ministry of Health. There also no separate list of medicines has been issued for patients coming in contact with corona infected patients.
- When it became clear that the list getting viral has not been released by any responsible organization. So in the next phase of the investigation we started to find out how effective are the medicines included in the list. For this, we contacted Dr. Rajesh Aggarwal, a diabetologist.
- Dr. Rajesh Aggarwal told about the use of every medicine given in the list. It also explained how much they have to do with the treatment of Kovid-19.
- In the viral list, first of all, hydroxychloroquine tablets have been declared mandatory for everyone to eat. While side effects such as vomiting, acidity and dizziness have been reported after consuming this tablet. Therefore, it should not be taken without doctor's advice.
- Second in the list is the name of Vitamin C, Vitamin D and Zinc tablets. These three are the usual tablets given for increasing immunity or lack of vitamins. If there is no significant benefit from taking them then there is no harm either.
- Medications given for fever, sore throat and cough are right. There are also no serious side effects of these drugs.
- In the case of shortness of breath it is recommended to take DEXONA tablets in the list. This is an effective claim for shortness of breath. However, taking it without antibiotic cover can be harmful. If a person has an infection in the liver and is also having trouble breathing. If you are given DEXONA tablets without antibiotic cover after reading this list, then breathing will be relieved but the infection will continue to increase. The result will be that the patient's condition will become very critical after 2-3 days. Taking this medicine without antibiotic cover can also be fatal.