- Hindi news
- Google Title: Sonia Gandhi Update | Congress Parliamentary Strategy Group Meeting Today Latest News; Ghulam Nabi Azad And Anand Sharma
new Delhi16 minutes ago
- Copy link
Congress interim president Sonia Gandhi and leader Rahul Gandhi will attend the party's parliamentary party meeting today. For the first time after the CWAC meeting, the two leaders will meet the party leaders. – File Photo
- The monsoon session of Parliament starts on 14 September, Congress may surround the government on the corona, economy and China border dispute
- In August, 23 senior party leaders wrote a letter to Sonia to elect a new party president, this was disputed in the CWC meeting on August 31.
Congress parliamentary party will meet on Tuesday. The meeting will be chaired by Sonia Gandhi, the interim president of the party. In this, the party's strategies will be discussed in the Parliament session starting on 14 September. According to sources, during the session, the party may surround the government on the corona, economy and China border dispute. Rahul Gandhi will also be present in the meeting. This will be the first time after the Congress Working Committee (CWAC) meeting that Rahul Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi will meet party leaders together.
The meeting will also keep an eye on how the last meeting of the CWAC impacted the party leaders. It will include former Prime Ministers Manmohan Singh, Ahmed Patel, Ghulam Nabi Azad, AK Antony, Anand Sharma, Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury, K Suresh, KC Venugopal, Gaurav Gogoi, Manikkam Tagore, Manish Tiwari and Jairam Ramesh through video conferencing.
Sonia offered to step down at CWC meeting
The Congress CWC met on 24 August. This meeting lasted for 7 hours. In the beginning of the meeting, Sonia Gandhi had expressed her desire to quit the interim president, despite this she was given the responsibility. It was decided that the new chairman would be selected within 6 months. It was also decided in the meeting that the next session of the Congress Committee will be convened at the earliest, so that the process of selection of the new president can be started.
23 Congress leaders wrote a letter to Sonia
On 23 August, 23 Congress leaders wrote a letter to party president Sonia Gandhi, demanding a change from top to bottom. Those who wrote the letter included 5 former chief ministers, members of the Congress Working Committee, MPs and several former Union ministers. There was a demand for full-time (full-time) leadership that would be effective and be active in the field. Its effect was also seen. Rahul Gandhi had talked about sending these letters in connivance with the BJP. Ghulam Nabi Azad and Kapil Sibal objected to this. Later reports came that the party resolved the issue.
You can also read these news related to the displeasure of leaders in Congress …
1. The leaders who demanded a change in the party said – We did not challenge the leadership nor are we dissatisfied
2. Last year 9 leaders who were expelled from the party told Sonia Gandhi – Think above family fascination; Questioned Priyanka's workIn the same way, there are many more.