- Hindi news
- Ministry of Health Issued Guidelines for Reopen Higher Educational Institute in India from 21 September
Thermal screening at the entry point of the institute and oxygen level from the oximeter will be checked. (File photo)
- Ministry said- Before opening the institute, advice will have to be taken from Higher Education Department
- Quarantine center will be built in the institute, the campus will have to be sanitized before class
The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has on Sunday issued a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to partially resume higher educational studies. Classes will start studying from September 21. The ministry said- Before opening the institute, advice has to be taken from the Higher Education Department.
Hostels will also be opened for students coming from other cities to study. However, after coming from outside, the student has to stay in Quarantine for 14 days before attending class. For this a quarantine center will also have to be built in the institute.
Apart from this, teachers, students and school staff will have to keep a distance of at least 6 feet at the start of studies. Things like constant hand washing, wearing a face cover, placing a hand on the mouth when sneezing, monitoring one's own health and not spitting here and there have to be taken care of. Everyone will be screened at the entry point at the institute. Students with symptoms of corona will not be given entry.
These higher educational institutions will be able to open
- Skill and Entrepreneurship Training Institute.
- Higher educational institutes where PhD, technical and professional programs run and laboratory, experimental work are required. Such institutes can be opened after the advice of the Higher Education Department.
- Industrial Training Institute (ITI).
- Short term training center registered at National Skill Development Corporation or State Skill Development Mission.
- National Institute for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development.
- Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship
- Other Training Provider Institute.
Everyone has to follow these rules
- The Institute should be outside the Containment Zone.
- Teachers, students, employees living in the Containment Zone will not be allowed to go to the Institute.
- Before opening the institute, the entire campus, classroom, laboratory and bathrooms have to be sanitized.
- There will be no attendance from the biometric machine. Contact-less arrangements will have to be made.
Guideline for sanitization and investigation?
- A pulse oximeter, thermal gun should be provided at the entry point, so that the asymptomatic person's oxygen level and body temperature can be checked.
- Disposal paper towels, soap, 1% sodium hypo-chlorite solution should be used.
- The school management will be responsible for providing face masks, hand sanitizers, to teachers, employees.
- There should be a covered dustbin and proper garbage disposal.
- The sweeper will have to be properly trained before applying.
This will be the way planning and scheduling activities
- The academic calendar should be made such that there is no possibility of crowd gathering.
- All students will also have to opt for online and distance learning programs. It has to be promoted.
- The academic calendar should include online class and training along with off-line classes.
- At least people should be called at one place at a time.
- While scheduling practical activity in the laboratory, also take care of the number of students and the capacity of the laboratory. Social distancing will also have to be followed in this.
- High risk students, employees or teachers need to be more careful. Such people should not be given work in the front line.
These will be the rules for hostels
- Students who are from another city or state and do not have online education facilities can be allotted hostels, guest houses or residential complexes.
- Students staying in hostels from outside will have to stay for 14 days quarantine. Only then students will be able to attend class.
- The institute should have a system of isolation.
- All students coming to stay in hostels should be screened. Only asymptomatic students should be allotted room in hostels.
- Students who show signs of corona should be placed in the isolation ward of the institute.
- The distance between the beds of two students in a room should be kept at least 6 feet.
What to do if you find a symptom in a student, teacher or employee?
- It should be isolated immediately. Where no one else is allowed to go.
- Parents should be informed about this.
- He will be asked to cover the face until a medical examination is done.
- The nearest hospital or state helpline should be contacted immediately.
- The entire campus must be re-disinfected.
- If the student or teacher is suffering from any mental stress or mental illness, then regular counseling will be done for him.