- Shock gamers; He still hopes that PUBG will return to the market by buying 10% stake from Chinese company
- PUBG will not stop on personal computer, only Chinese company Tencent has contributed to make PUBG mobile
You will remember, last year when Prime Minister Narendra Modi was “discussing the exam”, a woman complained to the girl studying in her ninth. He said that my son used to study well earlier. But for the last few days, online games give more time. On this, Modi immediately said, “What is Pabji wala?”
Here, the publishers are now angry with the Modi government. His popular game PUBG has made it to the list of 118 banned apps. The ban was announced here and the message went viral that the Chinese company Tencent has only 10% stake in PUBG. PUBG will sell a 10% stake and return in a week.
Well, this gamers claim, the reality is something else. Well, many things like this are happening about PUBG. In such a situation, it is important that you know about this popular game, which made the Indians so crazy.
First of all, what is this pub?
- PUBG is actually the Player Unknown's Battlegrounds. It is influenced by the Japanese thriller film Battle Royale, in which the government sends a group of students on a dangerous mission.
- In PUBG, about 100 players simultaneously jump from an island with a parachute. Find weapons. They keep killing each other. And the one who wins, reportedly gets a “chicken dinner”.
- The video game was created by Brendan Grea in 2017 for South Korean company Bluehole. When the game reached China, Bluehole made Tencent a partner. He has created a mobile version of PUBG.
- This game was an instant hit in the Chinese market. However, the Chinese government could not make money from the initial approval. On the other hand, the Chinese government said that addiction to this game could prove dangerous for the younger generation.
- PUBG has had 500 million downloads worldwide. There are 50 million daily active users, who play this game every day. Minecraft, Fortnite, League of Legends, Counter-Strike, World of Warcraft and Clash of Clans are also popular games, but no one else like PubG.
Why is India special for PUBG?
- Be it Google's Play Store in India or the Apple App Store, PubG has always topped the list of most downloaded games. In a way, this is a permanent feature of this list.
- According to online analytics firm Censor Tower, Indians make up the highest 25% of pubs worldwide. The figure has 17.5 million downloads. PubG has 17% of total users in China, while 6% of players in the US.
- Quartz studied over a thousand pubg players in 2018. Found that 62% of the players in it are Indians. PUBG was played the most during lockdown in India. 2.2 million people played it in May.
How and how much does Pabji earn from India?
- PUBG Mobile's revenue streams are in-game items like skin, outfits etc. Players can buy them using in-game currency (UC). PUBG earns only from in-game purchases.
- If you want to understand the earnings of PUBG, then it has to be divided into two parts. The bulk of PUBG Mobile's revenue goes to Tencent (China), but if you are playing on a computer, the Korean company gets it.
- If you look at the different reports, PUBG Mobile earns $ 7 million i.e. about 52 crore rupees every month from India alone. However, PUBG Mobile earned Rs 9,541 crore in 2019.
- 72% of PUBG Mobile's revenue came from Apple's App Store while it received only 28% from Google Play. If we talk about downloads, the Play Store has definitely won. A large part of this is PUBG downloads on Android phones in India.
Then he will have to come to India?
- According to the gaming analyst, even though downloads are the highest in India, Tencent could not get that much profit from India. Slander is getting different all over the world. In such a situation, the chances of him coming back are very less.
- PUBG earned $ 226 million in revenue in May and proved to be the highest grossing game in the world. This year's earnings were 41% higher than what it had earned in May last year.
- According to Sensentower, Tencent's PUBG Mobile generated a major share of around 53 percent of revenue from China. This was followed by 10.2 percent from the US and 5.5 percent from Saudi Arabia. In such a situation, earning from India is not much.
What is the revenue base of online gaming?
- In the last ten years, the online gaming market has rapidly spread its net. It has become a rapidly emerging market. There is in-app purchase in the gaming market, which can be difficult to understand without understanding this market.
- There is no cost for downloads in the online gaming market. Rather, the purchases you make while playing games are the earnings of these companies. Especially, when you like a game, you buy its accessories.
- Simply put, at first you like the game. Then, due to being addictive, it becomes addictive. Then gradually you start getting lost in his world and spend money on accessories too.
- Apart from this, merchandise related to PUBG is also gaining popularity. Children get favorite characters, T-shirts, cup-plates, clothes favorites. This also makes these gaming companies make money.
What can be the alternatives to PUBG?
- By the way, gamers are in shock of PUBG right now. The game is not blocked in mobile yet. Because of this, those who have it in their mobile are playing it. PUBG has given strength to the live game streaming industry in India.
- It has given content creators who are making good money. This ban is very shocking and shocking for serious gamers. However, if e-sports federation of India believes, this ban will benefit Indian apps.
- Popular choices of PUBG Mobile include Creative Destruction, Cyber Hunter and Rules of Cervicals. But Garena can download Free Fire, Call of Duty as well as other gaming apps.
- Call of Duty is the property of American video game publisher Activision. But its mobile version is done by Tencent's subsidiary Timmy Sports. Therefore, it is difficult to stick to this.