- Hindi news
- Parliament Monsoon Session 2020 Date Latest News And Corona Guidelines Update, Opposition Planning Joint Offensive Against Govt In Parliament
new Delhi23 minutes ago
- Copy link
The monsoon session of the Parliament session will start from 14 September and will continue till 1 October. (File photo)
- The Question Hour will not be held this time due to Corona in the Monsoon Session of Parliament starting on 14 September.
- Interim President of Congress, Sonia Gandhi called a meeting on 8 September regarding the party's strategies
For the monsoon session of Parliament, the opposition has started preparations to lay siege to the government. According to sources, the opposition is set to unite and surround the government on issues like border dispute with China, national security, corona, economy and GST. For this, the leaders of various political parties can meet this week. The monsoon session of Parliament will begin on 14 September.
Sonia Gandhi called a meeting on 8 September
Quoting sources, the news agency said that the interim president of Congress, Sonia Gandhi, has called a meeting on September 8 on the strategies in the party's session. The Congress Strategy Group meeting has already been held for the Parliament session and the issues raised during the session were also discussed. Senior Congress leaders have been asked to contact UPA allies and other like-minded parties to circle the government inside and outside Parliament.
Like-minded parties come together
Opposition leaders believe that like-minded parties should work together against the government. Mamata Banerjee, Uddhav Thackeray and Hemant Soren also raised this in the recent meeting of non-NDA chief ministers with Sonia Gandhi on JEE / NEET and GST issues.
The emphasis will be on teamwork
Trinamool leader Derek O'Brien had long ago said that like-minded opposition parties would work together in Parliament and form a consensus on public issues. He had said that there is a need to develop a teamwork in Parliament between such parties.
CPM General Secretary Sitaram Yechury on Sunday said that discussions are underway for a joint opposition strategy. CPI leader D Raja also said that a meeting of opposition leaders in this regard will be held soon. The opposition will seek an answer from the government on the issue of increasing tension on the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh with China.
This time there will be no question hour
The Monsoon Session of Parliament starting on 14 September will not have a Question Hour because of Corona. Private Members (MPs) will not be able to introduce the bill. The Rajya Sabha Secretariat recently issued this notification. Opposition MPs are opposing this decision of the government. The monsoon session will last till 1 October.
Can also read …
1. Corona's effect on the monsoon session, both houses will run at different times, there will not be a question hour either; Opposition accuses – epidemic made excuse for killing democracy
2. Lok Sabha Speaker said- will appeal to MPs to get Corona examined 72 hours before the commencement of the session; Session can begin from 14 September