News Desk, Tech for FTCP, New Delhi
Updated Wed, 09 Sep 2020 12:44 PM IST
Prime Minister Narendra Modi
– Photo: ANI
Listen to the news
During this time, Prime Minister Modi said that instead of plastic bottles once used for drinking water, use mud pots. At the same time, the Prime Minister congratulated Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan and said that his efforts ensured the benefit of Swanidhi Yojana to more than 1 lakh street vendors – street vendors in Madhya Pradesh in just 2 months. This was the first time that the network of millions of street-riders was truly connected to the system.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi holds 'Svanidhi Samvaad' with street vendors from Madhya Pradesh through video conferencing. pic.twitter.com/idYX6MWfxq
– ANI (@ANI) September 9, 2020
Read the highlights of PM Modi's address: –
- Congratulations to the team of Madhya Pradesh and Shivraj ji. Due to his efforts, more than 1 lakh street vendors – street vendors in Madhya Pradesh have been benefited from the Swanidhi scheme in just 2 months time.
- The objective of this scheme is that those people can start afresh, they can start their work again, so that they get easy capital. This is also the first time that the network of millions of street vendors has been truly connected to the system, they have got an identity.
- This is a scheme in which you can get complete relief from interest. Under this scheme up to 7 percent interest is being given anyway. But if you take care of some small things, then you will not have to give this also.
- A new beginning has been made in collaboration with banks and digital payment facilitators to ensure that our street vendors do not lag behind in digital shopkeeping. Now the representatives of banks and institutions will come to your street, cart and give QR code. They will also tell you how to use.
- Whether the hawkers or the hawkers have a gas connection to Ujjwala, whether their home has an electricity connection or not, whether they are connected to the Ayushman Bharat scheme or not, whether they are getting the benefit of the insurance scheme or not Whether or not you have your own roof, all these things will be seen.
- There has been a lot of talk of the poor in our country, but the work done for the poor in the last 6 years has never been done before. Every sector, every sector where the poor-victims-exploited-deprived were in scarcity, the government's schemes came as its backing.
- Recently, the government has also started a big scheme to provide better accommodation in cities at reasonable rent to colleagues like you. If you go anywhere in the country with the convenience of one country, one ration card, then you will be able to get cheaper ration of your share.