34 minutes agoAuthor: Nisarg Dixit
- According to experts, discipline is very important in the family, the family should have dinner at least once
- PubG has the highest 23.8% downloads in India, 16.7% in China and 6.4% in the US.
On Wednesday, the Indian government banned 118 Chinese apps, including the popular game PubG (Players Unknown Battleground). The ban of PUBG was also shocking because India has the largest number of players worldwide. Its addiction was that because of the game many people took steps like murder and suicide, while some lost their mental balance.
Mental Health Experts are describing this move of the government as good. The Censor Tower report states that PUBG has over 73 million downloads worldwide, while 23.8% of the game's downloads are in India alone. This figure is more than any country in the world.
According to experts – people become victims of gaming disorder
Shikha Sharma, assistant professor and psychologist at Gitanjali Hospital, Udaipur, Rajasthan, calls it a gaming addiction. He said that this is simply addiction and is called Internet Gaming Disorder. The World Health Organization has also included a gaming disorder in the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-11). The person struggling with this disorder has no control over gaming and prioritizes the game before anything else is necessary.
Know what is gaming addiction and parents how to protect your children from it ….
After all, why do children become so lost in the game?
Among the people who play games, we have often seen that they are so busy on their mobile screen that they do not see anything else except everything. Dr. Sharma said, “There are two big reasons. The first achievement and the second motivation.” He said that due to the challenge, children are attracted towards it. It involves grouping, crossing levels and children feel motive after crossing the stage. Players try to prove themselves among their peers through this.
How can parents recognize that a child is struggling with gaming addiction?
- Irritability or anger: Parents should be alerted if the child is constantly gaming in your home and his behavior has changed a bit. The child struggling with this problem starts getting irritated and angry with the smallest thing.
- Daily routine breakdown: If any person has become a victim of gaming addiction, they will put the game before every task. This can be a sign if you are seeing that someone is spending time only in gaming, except for the essential tasks of their day.
- Unable to work: The victims of gaming addiction are not only children but also grown up. People living at home should keep in mind that if the person is not able to complete his tasks as before, then he may be struggling with a gaming disorder.
- Deterioration of studies: This is the most common thing among children, because the impact of gaming exceeds the extent of their studies. Parents should keep in mind that if the child has deteriorated in studies, then it is a matter of concern. Lack of backwardness in homework or other school work can also be a sign of this.
- To make friends A person struggling with a gaming disorder spends most of the time on a mobile or gaming screen. In such a situation, he does not like to meet anyone. All the time, he only needs gaming.
How to protect a child from gaming disorder
Dr. Sharma says that nowadays no one in the family has time for each other. In many cases people are so busy that they do not even have time to talk among themselves. The best way to overcome this is to bring discipline in the family.
He said that it should be made a rule that everyone should have at least one meal together. It helps to overcome a lot of problems at the mental level. other than this these 5 things can help you quit your game addiction …
- Outdoor Activities: If someone is struggling with game addiction at home, parents encourage them to get out. Parents should prepare children for things like outdoor games and exercises.
- Fix mobile and internet time: This advice is very beneficial for people struggling with gaming addiction, because if you limit the time of mobile and internet, then you also get time for other tasks. Fix your mobile and internet time.
- Focus on Hobby: Due to the habit of playing games continuously, a person starts ignoring the things of his choice, while the same thing can save you from gaming disorder. Parents should also encourage children to do their old favorite things.
- Parents monitor children's activities: It is very important for parents to take care of the movements of children. Usually young children do not have a phone, but they use a parent's device. In this case, you can see their activities to a great extent, but in the case of children having personal mobile phones, it becomes difficult. In such a situation, parents keep checking their online activities. Monitor where the child is spending more time on the screen.
- Take advice from experts: If after all efforts, a person is not able to overcome the addiction of gaming, then you should consult the experts. According to mental health experts, psychotherapy works better in such cases.