News Desk, Tech for FTCP, New Delhi
Updated Sun, 13 Sep 2020 08:39 AM IST
Corona virus (symbolic picture)
– Photo: PTi
Listen to the news
The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has issued a new protocol on Sunday amid rising corona cases. It includes advice such as Chyawanprash food, pranayama, yoga and walking. Also, people have been asked to follow social distancing along with walking and use of masks.
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has advised patients to drink sufficient amount of hot water. In addition, the Ministry of AYUSH has also asked to take immunity enhancing medicines.
Individual level protocol
- Masks, hand sanitizers and maintain physical distance
- Drink plenty of hot water
- Drink ayurvedic medicines
- Continue the housework, start professional work slowly
- Do exercises like yoga, pranayama, meditation regularly
- Do respiratory exercises as advised by the doctor
- Continue morning and evening walk
- Eat freshly cooked food, take more nutrition
- Get enough sleep and rest
- Do not smoke and drink alcohol
- Monitor your health yourself, like temperature measurement, blood pressure check etc.
- If the throat is dry then gargle or steam hot water
Community level protocol
- To improve awareness, patients recovering from Corona share their experiences with friends, relatives. For this, you can take the help of social media, religious leaders, community leaders
- If needed, use a mental health support service, seek social support or help from a counselor.
- Participate in a group yoga program with all the precautions and exercise
At the level of health facilities
- Seven days after being discharged from the hospital, consult a doctor by telephone or other means
- If someone is living in a home isolation and the condition is already bad, contact the nearest hospital immediately.
- Critical care is required for critically ill patients
AYUSH medicines that increase immunity
- Daily Ayush decoction (150 ml, one cup)
- Contemporary Vati, twice a day (500mg)
- Guillow powder, 1-3 grams in warm water for 15 days
- Ashwagandha, twice a day (500mg)
- Ashwagandha powder, 1-3 grams in warm water twice a day for 15 days
- Amla or Amla powder (1-3 grams daily)
- Mulethi powder (1-3 gm in warm water twice a day) if you have a dry cough
- Hot milk in the morning and evening, with half a teaspoon of turmeric mixed
- Gargle with turmeric and salt water
- Eat a spoonful of Chyawanprash daily