Sudhakar Bhatt, Tech for FTCP, Dehradun
Updated Mon, 14 Sep 2020 03:00 AM IST
Listen to the news
Now assembly elections are coming closer in the state. The graph of corona infection is also increasing, Harish Rawat's presence in the midst of all this remains constant in Uttarakhand. Those who are saying that Harish Rawat is trying to become Chief Minister. Harish Rawat himself spoke on these issues and spoke with impunity. He clarified that his destination is not limited to Uttarakhand alone.
Direct question to former CM Harish Rawat
- You have got charge of Punjab. The situation is not good in Punjab either. Captain Amarinder is facing the challenge of Bajwa and other dissidents. How will you compete?
– I have found in my experience that a quarrel within the party arises when the party's contact with the public starts to break. In Assam too there were many quarrels within the party. We strengthened the party organization, connected it to the people. You have to believe that within six months all the contradictions of the party disappeared. The situation will improve in Punjab also. As our situation improves in the public, the internal quarrels of the party will also end.
- There are elections in Punjab in 2022 and also in Uttarakhand. Your attachment to Uttarakhand is well known. Will two boats be able to ride?
– 2022 elections will be do or die. It is not necessary for everyone to contest elections, some contestants should also. Corona has taught one thing, the world is becoming virtual to a great extent. It doesn't matter where you are. I have also seen the work of Assam, done more than a hundred webinars.
- How do you see the politics of Uttarakhand?
– We do not need to say. In the coming election, the work of the former Congress and the present government of Congress will be compared, or say is happening. In view of this, I have made a strategy. Raises small things. People call me and ask to have a competition for Jhumela. As soon as the PM gave the slogan of Local and Vocal, my face immediately emerged in the minds of the people here. Brother, Harish Rawat used to say the same.
- Your critics of your activism also shout. It increases as soon as reaching Uttarakhand?
– I have only one motive to visit Uttarakhand again and again, my presence here acts as a catalyst. Presence is not meant to be locked in a box, but to stand as a live person, action is reaction on its own.
- It is said that you want to become Chief Minister in Uttarakhand. That is why you maintain a presence in Uttarakhand. Is your activism also linked to this?
– I will say one thing. Election aspect is more important than electoral success. If the Congress comes to Delhi or somewhere politically, the Congress will keep me standing as long as my hands and feet move. Even today I was not needed, I got a place. It is not necessary for my political existence that Congress should come to Uttarakhand, it is necessary for my political existence that Congress should come to the Center. Those who say that I want to become Chief Minister are not right. I know the Congress very well. The party has its own idea.
- You moved from Delhi to Doon amid Corona infection. This was the period when the demand for the election of the National President of Congress was coming up in Delhi. Reason for distance from Delhi at such a time?
– I had to go from one place to another during the crisis. I was not needed in Delhi. Either comes to Uttarakhand or goes to Assam. The situation in Assam was made that the government there did not want to let me come. It was necessary for me that I would appear either in Karmakshetra or in Dharmakshetra. I chose Dharmakshetra. No one can say now that I did not support Uttarakhand during the crisis.