37 minutes agoAuthor: Gaurav Pandey
- According to experts, if the vaccine controls 80% of the infection, then 20% of people will survive herd immunity.
- WHO says vaccine will come only by June next year, but Russia, China have launched and US has given date
When will the coronavirus vaccine arrive? When will you come? Where will you come first? How to get it? What will be the price? And how will it reach every person in the world? These are the questions that are going on in the mind of every human being in the world today. Running together. Are running again and again. Let's know their truth. More than 20 pharmaceutical companies and governments around the world are engaged in the manufacture of coronavirus vaccines day and night. She is writing a rulebook about the vaccine. She is also updating it daily. That is, how much progress has been made. But so far only 10% of vaccine trials have been successful. At the same time, according to an estimate, if a vaccine is made, around 8000 jumbo jets will be needed to supply it worldwide.
What will be successful if the vaccine arrives?
UOD Kumar, a HOD doctor in the Rheumatology Department at All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS), says that whether or not any vaccine will be effective after the introduction, it cannot be said at all, because all the companies are still in a hurry to make the vaccine. Huh. The second most important thing will be whether the immunity that is developing after vaccination is protective or not. This will be known gradually.
Are side effects also possible?
possible. But the side effects of the vaccine are or are not happening, one has to wait for some time to see it. According to one study, antibodies made from corona are effective only for about five months. In such a situation, nothing can be said about how effective the vaccine will be, because there is a competition to make vaccines in the world. So we have to wait a long time to see its result.
What is the work of the vaccine?
According to Dr. Uma Kumar, there are many types of vaccines. It develops local immunity. It does not allow any infection to grow again in the body. If the corona vaccine controls 80% of infections, then it is successful, because 20% of the people will survive herd immunity.
How is a vaccine made?
Human blood contains white blood cells which are part of its immune system. Without harming the body, a very small amount of viruses or bacteria are put into the body through the vaccine. When the body's defense system recognizes this virus or bacteria, the body learns to fight it. For decades, only real viruses have been used in vaccines that are made worldwide to combat the virus.
How many people have to be vaccinated?
To prevent Kovid-19 infection, it is believed that 60 to 70 percent of people will need to be vaccinated.
How many years does it take to make a vaccine?
- Any vaccine is created to eliminate any infectious disease. It usually takes about 5 to 10 years to make a vaccine. Despite this, there is no guarantee of its success.
- To date, only one human infection disease has been completely eliminated and that is smallpox. But it took almost 200 years.
- Apart from this, vaccines have also been made for polio, tetanus, measles, scrofula, TB. They have also been successful to a large extent, but even today we are living with these diseases.
- Doctor Uma says that if the vaccine is launched within a year and a half, then it cannot track its shortcomings in such a short time. Its impact will be seen later. Sometimes the side effects of the vaccine also cause neurological, paralysis-like problems.
How long can you expect the vaccine to arrive?
- Vaccine trials against coronaviruses are going on in a big way worldwide. It involves thousands of people. Around 20 companies are currently engaged in vaccine trials worldwide, of which only about 10% are on the road to success.
- It usually takes 5 to 10 years to manufacture a vaccine. But the good thing is that within a few months, a large number of manufacturers and investors have come forward to make Corona's vaccine. They have also placed their crores of rupees at stake.
- Russia has also launched Sputnik-5 vaccine and from October it will also be started to be extended to people across the country. China has also claimed to have made the vaccine, it is talking about putting its soldiers first.
- But all the countries and health institutions of the world are questioning these two vaccines, because these records have been made in time, which has not happened till date.
- The vaccine, which is named in the WHO list, has trials in its third phase. Some of these companies say that they will complete the vaccine production by the end of this year. But the WHO says that vaccine manufacture is only possible by June next year.
Who will be given the vaccine first?
- Doctor Uma says that if the vaccine comes, it will be given first to the health workers and high risk group. After this 20% of the population will be engaged.
What are the countries of the world doing to buy vaccines?
- All countries around the world are signing pacts with pharma companies to get the vaccine. Apart from this, different countries are also forming groups to make and buy vaccines.
- The UK has tied up 100 million vaccine doses with six companies. At the same time, the US government has said to arrange 300 million vaccine doses by January next year. The CDC has also told the pharma companies the time to launch the vaccine by November 1.
How will the vaccine reach poor countries?
- Not every country in the world has the same status regarding buying a vaccine. WHO's Assistant Director General, Dr. Mariazela Simao, says that the challenge before us is that when this vaccine is made, it is available to all countries, not just those who pay more. We have to check Vaccine Nationalism.
- The WHO is also working to create a vaccine task force. For this, it has started working with the epidemic prevention group CEPI. In addition, the vaccine is also in talks with the Alliance of Government and Organization (GAVI).
- So far 80 rich countries have joined the Global Vaccine Plan. The name of this plan is Kovacs. It aims to raise $ 2 billion by the end of this year, so that corona vaccines can be provided to countries around the world. Although it does not contain America. These groups are also talking about providing vaccines to 92 poor countries of the world.
How much will the vaccine cost?
- Its price will depend on the type of vaccine and how much dose is ordered. If the pharmaceutical company Moderna is allowed to sell the vaccine, it can sell a dose between 3 to 4 thousand.
- The Serum Institute says that it will cost about 250-300 rupees for one dose in India. Will sell at low prices even in poor countries.
How will the vaccine be distributed worldwide?
Institutions like WHO, UNICEF, Doctors Without Borders will play an important role in this work. They have to make a cold chain around the world for this. In which arrangements such as cooler trucks, solar fridges will also have to be made, so that the vaccine can be saved at the right temperature and can be transported easily anywhere. The vaccine is usually kept at a temperature of 2 to 8 ° C.
What is the Kovid-19 vaccine update?
- 180 vaccines are being made for COVID-19 worldwide.
- The 35 vaccine is in the clinical trials stage. That means their human trials are going on.
- Phase-3 trials of 9 vaccines are underway. That is, it will remain in the last phase of all vaccine human trials.
- These 9 vaccines include Oxford / AstraZeneca (UK), Moderna (US), Gamalaya (Russia), Janssen Pharma Companies (US), Sinovec (China), Wuhan Institute (China), Beijing Institute (China), Cancino Biologics (China). And Pfizer (US) vaccine.
- 145 vaccines are in the pre-clinical trials stage. That is, their testing is going on in labs.