- Hindi news
- No fake news
- Fact Check: Force Deployed On Chinese Border Appeals For Boycott Of China Goods On Diwali? Know the truth
What's going viral: Photo of a hoarding boycott of Chinese goods is going viral on social media. It says – I will not let China enter the border, do not buy Chinese goods on Diwali. It is being claimed that this appeal of boycott of Chinese goods has been issued by the Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBP) itself. Hoarding photo on social media # India_Tibbet_Cima_Police_BSharing with L
And what is the truth?
- About 3488 km from the Chinese border. The area is guarded only by the personnel of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBP). However, we did not find any such update on the official website of ITBP, which confirms that this border force has appealed for boycott of Chinese goods.
- ITBP Officials social media We did not find any such tweet on the handle. Which confirms the claims being made on social media.
- By reverse search of the photo going viral on Google, we found a photo of this hoarding in a 4 year old post on social media. But, instead of 'Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force' on the hoarding, Swadeshi Jagran Manch is written.
- By matching the two photos, it is clear that the photo was later edited and the name of the Border Security Force was written on it.
- The central government has made it clear by tweeting from its official Twitter handle PIB Fact Check that no such statement was released by ITBP. ITBP also retweeted this tweet.