- Hindi news
- No fake news
- Fact Check: People In France Sang The National Anthem To Stop The Namaz After Killing A Cartoon Showing Islam? 2 Year Old's Video
What's going viral: A video is going viral on social media. In this, people are seen standing on the street in the form of Namaz. Azaan's voice is also coming in the background. The video is being shared in connection with the case of the teacher's murder on showing a cartoon of the prophet in Paris, France.
Writer Tariq Fateh also shared this video as recent.
In Paris on the evening of 16 October, a teacher named Samuel Petty was killed for showing a cartoon of the Prophet. One side is demonstrating against the killing. The other side is accusing the French government of promoting Islamophobia under the guise of this incident.
#WeStandWithFrance was among the top trending on Twitter on Tuesday.
And what is the truth?
- We did not find the video going viral in any media report related to the demonstration in France. A reverse search of the keyframes of the video revealed that this video had been uploaded to YouTube 2 years ago. This makes it clear that the video has nothing to do with the recent performances in Paris.
- The YouTube channel named Thebengale96 has been uploaded on December 8, 2017. His caption reads – Protest against a street prayer in Clichy, France. The caption gives us a clue that the video is about a 2-year-old protest protesting the namaz on the street.
- On google Protest in france against street prayer), We found a BBC World news by doing a word search. Which confirms that there were protests in France against the practice of offering Namaz on the road. 100 leaders of the French government also participated in the demonstration. People who participated in the demonstration said that it was wrong for Namaz to stop the way.
- Two groups are also seen in the viral video. A group is offering namaz. The other faction is singing the national anthem of France in protest against Namaz. The banner which appears in the photo of this 2 year old performance in BBC news. The same banner is also in the video. It is clear that 2-year-old videos are being shared by linking them to recent performances.
- Tariq Fateh's assertion that the people in the video are singing the national anthem against Namaz. But, since this video is not recent, 2 years old, it is wrong to share it with the recent performance in Paris. In this way the claim in the investigation turned out to be a lie.