- Hindi news
- No fake news
- Fact Check: Shatrughan Sinha's Video in Which He Criticizing Modi Government on Unemployment, Economy. This video is actually not from the Bihar Election
What is going viral : A video of actor and Congress leader Shatrughan Sinha is going viral on social media. Shatrughna is seen as an attacker on the Modi government at the center, giving a speech on the stage. In his speech, Sinha has surrounded the government on many issues like demonetisation, EVM, unemployment, GST.
The video is being told about the Bihar assembly election. In Bihar elections, Shatrughan Sinha's son Love is contesting from Bankipur seat on Congress ticket. This is the reason why many users are sharing videos on social media as Bihar.
And what is the truth?
- The media reports that surfaced on Google searching for different key words revealed that Shatrughan Sinha is campaigning in Bihar, this is true. On 24 October, he also attended a public meeting in Gaya. But, we did not find the video going viral in any media report related to Bihar election.
- To find out the truth of the viral video, we reverse-searched the video by splitting the video into keyframes. The same video has been uploaded on 17 December 2019 on the YouTube channel named Bihar Hub. It is clear that the video has nothing to do with the Bihar Assembly elections.
- The caption of the Bihar Hub YouTube channel described the video as Jamtara in Jharkhand. During the investigation, we also received a 10-month old news report from Dainik Bhaskar website. Which confirms that Shatrughan was addressing an election meeting in Jamtara, Bihar. Along with the news, the same stage is also seen in the photo, which is in the viral video.
- It is clear that Shatrughan Sinha's 1-year-old election speech of Jharkhand is being shared on social media as Bihar election.