Listen to the news
Foreign Ministry spokesman Anurag Shrivastava was asked a series of questions about whether India and China are working on a specific resolution to resolve the deadlock in East Ladakh for more than six months.
He said that we will share when we have information to share. Discussion is going on. Government sources said on Wednesday that a three-tier process has been agreed between India and China to repel arms and troops from all the deadlocked locations in a time-bound manner.
He had said that the proposal came up for deep consideration during the eighth round of high-level military talks between Indian and Chinese forces on November 6 at the Indian side of Chushul on the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
Srivastava in his reply cited a joint press statement issued by the Indian and Chinese forces after the previous round of military talks.
He said that concrete, comprehensive and constructive dialogue took place and the two sides held talks to reduce tension at all locations in the Indo-China region facing the LAC in the western sector.
Srivastava said that an agreement has been reached between India and China to maintain dialogue through military and diplomatic channels and to carry forward the discussion in the senior commanders meeting, pending issue. They soon agreed to the next round of meeting. The ninth round of talks at the military level is likely to be held in the next few days.
About 50,000 Indian Army personnel are deployed in various mountainous regions in eastern Ladakh as no concrete results have been achieved so far in the talks between the two sides to resolve the deadlock. According to officials, China has deployed the same number of soldiers. The deadlock between the two sides began in early May.
Army Chief General MM Narwane said on Tuesday that he hoped Indian and Chinese forces would reach a firm agreement on the withdrawal of troops in eastern Ladakh and to reduce tensions.