What's going viral: A CCTV footage is going viral on social media. In it, a young man is seen throwing stones at the temple. The video is being told of Ranchi and it is being shared on social media from the communal angle.
The report of the Op India website has also claimed an attack by chaotic elements on the Hindu temple.
And what is the truth?
- By reverse searching the keyframes of the viral video on Google, we started investigating the truth of the case. We found a report dated November 9, 2020 on the News Laundry website.
- According to the News Laundry report, The man who stoned the temple is mentally deranged. Some organizations are forcibly targeting the local Muslims in this case.
- Searching different keywords on Google, started to investigate other reports related to this matter. We found a 5 day old report on Dainik Bhaskar website. Which shows that the case is related to the Shiva temple in Rangrej Gali, Upper Bazaar, Ranchi.
- In conversation with Dainik Bhaskar correspondent, Kotwali in-charge DSP Yashodhara told that A stoner is deranged. In CCTV footage he is seen throwing stones at the temple. Apart from this, he was also lifting and throwing away the slabs of the drains there. The police is looking for him.
- The name of the person who threw the stone is not mentioned in any media report related to this case. It is clear that the claim of a stone throwing person belongs to the Muslim community is concocted. In this case, some people are trying to spoil the communal harmony by making false claims.