- Hindi news
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan Jyotiraditya Scindia Versus Kamal Nath; Reasons Why Congress Lost Madhya Pradesh by Election 2020
Bhopal7 minutes agoAuthor: Mohan Bagwan
- Copy link
Madhya Pradesh by-election
How did BJP win Madhya Pradesh by-election? Where was the flaw in the Congress strategy? Which state's politics will go after this victory and defeat? Understand 10 election results with easy but smoldering questions here…
1. Did the Congress high command make a big mistake by handing over the reins of the by-election to Kamal Nath?
It's not like this. This happened under a well-planned strategy. The high command was already angry with Kamal Nath unable to handle Scindia and his supporters. When the turn of the election came, the high command put all responsibility for Kamal Nath. Perhaps you correct it by saying that you have spoiled it.
2. Did calling Imrati Devi an 'item' led to voting against the Congress in some seats?
Did not show any effect. Because if seen, the most impact would be seen in Imrati Devi's own seat Dabra. Here is Imrati Devi herself, who played the emotional card on the item statement.
3. Instead of raising the cost of cheap electricity bill and campaign against mafia, the issue of 'should not be sustainable' sold to Congress?
The campaign against the cheap electricity bill and the mafia was definitely liked by the people, but could not connect the people 'not for sale – sustainable'. Perhaps people started to know that this is a political manipulation.
4. Did Congress also make a mistake in candidate selection?
There is no question of mistake. Because in many seats he was not getting candidates at all, hardly candidates were found.
5. Did voters see this as an assessment of Shivraj's 15 years versus Kamal Nath's 15 months of work?
Here Ground Connect did more work than work. Shivraj Singh Chauhan's ground connect is better than Kamal Nath, this result also proved.
6. Will Scindia's interference in BJP and government increase with this victory?
It will remain as it is. In Gwalior-Chambal, BJP candidates have also lost on Scindia-influenced seats. He does not seem to be able to create much pressure.
7. Suppose the formula of resigning and joining the other party was successful to avoid the defection law?
After Karnataka this recurrence occurred in Madhya Pradesh. Since the public is inclined towards the party which is in power, it will benefit in the by-elections. Thinking the same, the Congressmen had also joined the BJP in bulk.
8. Will there be a leadership change in the state Congress again? How much moral pressure will increase on Kamal Nath?
Moral pressure will also increase on Kamal Nath and the tone of leadership change will also arise. The leaders and activists of the Congress, divided into several factions, will then begin to speak out against Kamal Nath, who was silent till now. There will be a voice to hand over the command to the youth leadership again.
9. Leaving Congress and joining BJP, what will happen to those MLAs who have lost?
Everything in politics rests on the mass base. Rehabilitation of those who have lost is difficult. In the same way, many BJP leaders have been marginalized due to the arrival of the entire faction of Congressmen. The party will handle them first.
10. Many candidates like Tulsi Silavat, Mahendra Singh Sisodia have won by a larger margin than in 2018. Is this a good sign for the BJP?
For the BJP and Shivraj, it was an election of prestige. Leaders from the bottom to the top were pushed into the campaign. Those who were dissatisfied did so by showing them both fear and temptation. In this way, the margin got bigger when the candidate got his own and BJP's support base.