new Delhi. It is very important for the Jan Dhan account holders to link their account with their Aadhar card. If this is not done, many facilities available to the customers are stopped. Jan Dhan account is a zero balance savings account. Apart from this, many special facilities are available in it including overdraft and Rupay card.
Rupay debit card is given to the Jan Dhan account holder, in which accident insurance of Rs 1 lakh is available. If an account holder does not link the account with Aadhaar, then he will not get this benefit. Apart from this, the account holder also gets an accidental death insurance cover of Rs 30000 on this account. This is also available only when Aadhaar is linked with the bank account. Apart from this, the account holder also gets the facility of general insurance cover. But, to take advantage of all these benefits, you have to link your Jan Dhan account with Aadhaar.
Also read: Nitin Kamat of Zerodha said – If you have earned from shares, then definitely do this work before March 31
Get Jan Dhan account linked with Aadhaar in this way
- To link Jan Dhan account with Aadhaar, you have to go to the bank.
- You have to carry the photo copy of Aadhar card and copy of bank pass book.
- You will have to fill a form by going there in the bank. After this your Jan Dhan account will be linked with Aadhaar.
- Many banks including SBI are giving the facility of linking Aadhaar to the customers only through message.
- For this, you can send UID
Aadhaar number account number in the message from your registered mobile number of Aadhaar to number 567676.
- In this way your account will be easily linked with Aadhaar.
- Apart from this, you can also link Aadhaar with the bank’s ATM.
Tags: Jandhan account, Personal finance, Pm Jandhan
Read Article in हिन्दी