Smartphone brand Realme has started rolling out Android 12 to Realme GT Neo 2 phone. The company announced Android 12 based Realme UI 3.0 update for the smartphone via a post on its community page. As shared by the company, the update brings RMX3370_11.A.08 to Realme GT Neo 2.
The update will have a gradual rollout with the update pushed out to random users initially. It will eventually have a wider rollout in the upcoming days. Android 12 brings a new UI design to Realme GT Neo 2 along with redesigned icons, a more creative Always-on display mode and a new page layout. It also optimizes the method of switching floating windows between different sizes and brings new security and privacy features.
Here’s the complete changelog as shared by Realme
• The all-new design, which emphasizes a sense of space, delivers a simple, clean and comfortable visual and interactive experience.
• Revamps the page layout based on the principle of reducing visual noise and spacing out elements, and prioritizes information with different colours to make key information stand out.
• Redesigns icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons.
• Optimizes Quantum Animation Engine: Quantum Animation Engine 3.0 implements the concept of mass to make animations more lifelike and optimizes more than 300 animations to bring a more natural user experience.
• More creative Always-On Display: Adds realmeow and Portrait silhouette to let you freely express yourself.
Convenience & efficiency
• Adds “Background stream”: Apps in Background stream mode continue playing the audio of a video when you leave them or lock your phone.
• FlexDrop is renamed Flexible Windows and is optimized.
• Optimizes the method of switching floating windows between different sizes.
• You can now drag a file from My Files or a photo from the Photos app to a floating window.
Security and privacy
• Privacy-related functions including Privacy protection, Passwords, and Emergency call can now all be found in Phone Manager.
• Optimises spam block rules: Adds a rule for blocking MMS messages.
• Adds Quick launch, a feature that detects the apps you use frequently and pre-loads them so you can open them quickly.
• Adds a chart to display your battery usage.
• Improves the responsiveness of turning on or off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Airplane mode, and NFC.
• In team fight scenes, games run more smoothly at a stable frame rate.
• Reduces the CPU load average and lowers the battery usage.
• You can now decide which camera modes are displayed on the menu bar and in what order they are displayed.
• You can now drag the zoom slider to zoom in or out smoothly when shooting a video using the rear camera.
• Optimizes the auto-brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience
• Optimizes accessibility:
– Adds visuals to text instructions for an intuitive understanding of accessibility functions.
– Optimizes categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general.
– TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phones, Mail, and Calendar.